In order for the most patients to benefit from ideal appointment times before and after school, we need everyone to comprehend and consent to our appointment policy. Before and after school (early morning, 7:45-9:15 a.m., and late afternoon, 2:00-5 p.m.) appointments are reserved for quick appointments such as wire changes or checks, retainer deliveries or checks, records, etc. If you have a broken bracket, you must call ahead in order to schedule a rebonding emergency visit. We usually will not be able to rebond or reattach the broken appliance in the before or after school appointments. Longer, more doctor-time intensive appointments such as placing or removing braces are scheduled in the late mornings.
If you must reschedule or cancel an appointment, we require 24 hours notice or it will be considered a broken appointment. Accumulation of 3 broken appointments can lead to relegation to only scheduling during late morning times, incurrence of a broken appointment fee, or, if a chronic problem, dismissal from the practice. Please remember, the closer to the appointment time you wait to cancel or reschedule, the more difficult it will be to obtain a desired appointment time. Orthodontists’ schedules typically fill up 5-6 weeks out.
To better serve the needs of our patients, you will be reminded of your next appointment by our personalized appointment reminder system, HouseCalls. HouseCalls is a digital voice system that allows us to help you keep up with that busy schedule and to keep your orthodontic treatment on track! Please be sure to let our staff know if there is a change in your phone number.
We are proud to utilize the T-LINK system in our practice! Through our website, patients have 24/7 secure online access to account and appointment information using a unique login and PIN. Some of the many features T-LINK has to offer our patients are as follows:
- Access detailed appointment information
- View detailed account balance information, including account balance, payment history, insurance coverage and next payment due date and amount
- Make secure online payments via credit card or bank draft
- Receive e-mail appointment confirmations
- Update your contact information online
- Call toll-free to hear appointment and account information
- Register your unique e-mail from a terminal in the practice, a computer at work or home
- Receive text message appointment reminders on your cell phone